Dr. Hanan A. Elsaie DDS,
America’s Top Dentists, Consumers’ Research Council of America, Guide to America’s Top Dentists
Dominion 1 Dental - Arlington, TX. Tel: (817) 784-7888
Cosmetic fillings, also called tooth-colored fillings or white fillings, are dental fillings that closely match natural tooth color and appearance. Unlike traditional amalgam fillings, which often provide an unwanted appearance, cosmetic fillings seamlessly blend with your natural teeth. Tooth-colored fillings can also be used to change the size, color or shape of your teeth. For example, cosmetic dental fillings can close gaps between teeth, repair chipped teeth or make teeth appear straighter and more even. Cosmetic fillings can also be used to replace old, silver amalgam fillings.
Most cosmetic or tooth-colored fillings are composite resin fillings, which cost more. Our staff is happy to answer any questions you have about the different types of fillings, your insurance coverage, or payment options available to you.
Advantages of Cosmetic Fillings
- They closely match your natural tooth color and appearance.
- They bond to your tooth structure chemically, meaning there is no need for slots, grooves or pins to be placed in your healthy teeth.
- The bonding of white fillings to your tooth restores 85% - 95% of its original strength.
- They completely harden in seconds, instead of days required by some other materials.
- You will have little to no pain or sensitivity with composite resin fillings.